View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2017, 01:09 (Ref:3724030)   #20
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Unfortunately, air restrictors are probably here to stay in GTE unless they go to a fuel flow restrictor to limit power, which I fear that will open it's own can of worms. Torque sensors will cost just as much probably, and they don't limit top end power, just low end torque.
The torque sensor is only to monitor reality. It does nothing by itself to limit performance. So they should (in conjunction with other data) document the entire performance envelope of the engine.

I feel I am coming across too negative about all of this. I think the more scientific approach is right and even if they are not measuring the right things now, maybe they will in the future. It's hard to solve all problems at the same time.

Richard