View Single Post
Old 22 May 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2467305)   #11
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by undoz View Post
Le Vieux : You could buy some In-ear Closed Heaphones that isolate the outer noises. They are as efficient as the earplugs, but you can hear the radio. Here's some info on the subject : http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-he...-monitor-type/

I higly suggest that you use a radio/mp3 player that runs on normal batteries, not the usb charging type. You wouldn't want to run out of juce in the middle of the race as Dani did
Thanks for the information. I never use ear buds (I hate the things!) and have always used a complete headset. I suspect the type used by helicopter pilots is what I need but when the chap standing next to you will tell you all you need to know and the excitable French p/a system fills in the rest I don't feel inclined to spend hundreds on a proper headset.

When insomnia takes over in the middle of the night I creep out of my tent into my car, switch on RLM and recline the seat.