View Single Post
Old 22 May 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2467314)   #13
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83 View Post
Word of advice. Never put a banana in your rucksack. It doesn't matter how much you like them, if you forget it's there and accidently sit on your bag it's a disaster!

I learned the hard way at Imola a few years ago. I had to shell out another 10 Euros for a new programme and my radio was a write off!!!!

Reminds me of a good mate of mine who I went snowboarding in the french alps with.
He'd packed two socalled "drinkbreakefast" cartons.These are about 1/3 litre thin yoghurtylike stuff...
I still remember how it seeped threu the bottom of his backpack after he crashed for a few times...

I usually carry a bottle of water,same size bottle with Vodka/orangejuice or Jamaica rum/Coke,the said toilet roll,my video camera,a few powerbars my X5 torch,my Leatherman(I never part from that.) set of raintrousers packed very tightly and the program of the race.
My girl is a redhead and is allways well equiped with sun protectors,so she sprays me from time to time and I allways were a cap when wandering around. Love to collect me a few during the weekend. (the collection is in the 50 to 60 range now..) Lastly,allways a good set of shades.