Old 15 Oct 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2313460)   #46
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Highside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Filling the grid is the problem though and with TTRS you are effectively combining two races together to get the numbers up i.e. PBMW and the Pre-94's, not knocking or trying to be confrontational it but thats what is happening as I see it.
Hi Al,

Nothing confontational there Al - thats exactly how it is. But by combining together, we both benefit from the lower costs.

If you have the attitude that a class win is as good as an overall win (and make the effort to reward it accordingly with garlands, trophys, podiums etc), then I think two similar but seperate race series can race together for mutual benefit, and everyones a winner.

I know what your saying with classics and post historics. There has to be mutual consent between combining grids, and if one isn't happy with the other (or the speed differential is too different), then no one will be happy.

I guess its horses for courses, but if you want to race in a grid of ten or fifteen, then unfortunetly it's going to cost you more, unless you relly on well backed grids to subsurdise you, which nowerdays will become more and more tricky...