View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3986769)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
sorry going back a bit...have no problem with EVs and think Tesla is a cool company but i just doubt their ability to scale up production and meet the demand. i think people will be waiting a long long time to see delivery and in the meantime the traditional manus will catch up with more modestly priced EVs and established dealership network that fits with how people are used to buying cars.

if one was serious about buying an EV then why would they wait? particularity when there looks to be so so many more options soon to be available for immediate purchase?
I guess they are using the 'confirmed orders' line to help their market strategy.
But in reality, if you were selling a $40k item, and the deposit was just $100 that was fully refundable at any time, would you really consider it to be a firm order?

I'm anticipating that a lot of deposits may be taken back over the next few months/years as people opt for an alternative.