View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2020, 15:19 (Ref:3989781)   #49
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
You'd have thought it'd be an easy enough thing to personalise - select your chosen sound from a menu (much like selecting a radio station or whatever). But however they make noise they do need to make some - a friend of mine is registered blind and they hate electric cars - they're too quiet, they need to be heard approaching!
i had not considered that.

personally i live somewhere with a lot of motorcycles in the summer and large trucks year round and the people who drive them seem to love louder the better...particularly when driving through my neighbourhood.

but that is a fair point. actually when i think about myself driving, the engine noise from other vehicles is also a marker i use to judge what is around me.

i suppose what we are talking about though is EVs also being combined with more and more autonomous driving features making cars that much less accident prone and less likely to hit a pedestrian or car in the lane over.

would also be less need for structural reinforcement and thus allowing for more storage if there is less chance for accidents...over time anyways as the self driving/autonomous safety features are refined.

i suppose one could take that further into cars weighing less and thus requiring even less power to move it and less materials translating into lower costs.