View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1630560)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B24
I really don't understand what they are trying to achieve by this rule. They should focus on controlling themselves from going over the mark.
I don't think this is an actual rule as such. There is no (immediate) penalty for lapping quicker than those times. Surely these laps times are guides to where the ACO sees each class. If they end up being quicker than that then they are pegged back in the future.

My worry is that they only peg back the cars that acheive the lap time rather than peg back the whole class, thus preserving the relative performance of the cars. If they want to keep lap times less than, say 3:55, then fine, but keep the rules relatively the same for all and don't just reward those who do nothing to make their cars quicker.