View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2011, 20:09 (Ref:3005664)   #31
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Do you know where they purchased the bloc James? I'm looking for somewhere that sells some decent FG in the UK.....
I realise that you live some distance from London, but any decent deli supplier in New Covent Garden will supply you with fresh foie gras. You could check your yellow pages for a local retail deli. They won't have it readily available, but should be able to obtain it for you.

Edit after a little research: Harvest Fine Foods in Christchurch: I don't know anything about them, but they may be a possibility.

Each lobe weighs around 600 - 700g and will be very expensive, but sliced, fried and served with something sharp and citrussy, the taste is fantastic.

www.ledelas.fr is the website of a supplier in Rungis, near Paris. I don't know if they can supply by mail order, but they're worth a visit and just looking at their site will make your mouth water!

Failing all that, try Auchan/Carrefour/Leclerc when next in France. They probably won't be able to supply fresh foie gras, but you'll be able to get a "bloc". Even "second best" is great!

Last edited by Le Vieux; 30 Dec 2011 at 20:14. Reason: Additional details