Thread: Rumours Budget cap revival
View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3143197)   #24
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
I would be fine with this:

"If you put constraints on all those [technical] things then we are in danger of spoiling the sport, and I would certainly advocate a restraint on resources. You cannot spend more than this; you cannot have more people than this and you have to do the best job you can with what you have got. Then you still allow innovation and you still allow the spirit of F1. For me it is definitely the way to go."

The question then becomes how do you control costs for manufacturers who can hide costs in their huge companies with all their subsidiaries? I mean, wouldn't you need to hire tons of accountants to scour all the worldwide books of Ferrari?
Even with hundreds of accountants every entry is subject to interpretation, seemingly completely unrelated entities could easily cover for one another. It is simply not going to happen with companies like Fiat, Renault and Mercedes.