View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3100197)   #1733
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That was 63 years ago , safety has come a long way since then as we see .

Motorsport is and always will be dangerous , end of .

I dont mean to sound uncaring or crass but ..... accidents are a fact of life , thats why we have speed limits on public roads and traffic lights . Racing is free , so lets not loose it as it is .

What happens when a wheel seperates from the chassis and enteres the crowds ?

What happens when a wing seperates and enteres the crowds ?

What happens when rear body work seperates and enteres the crowds ?

Will we bungy everything to the car or add tracks or what , what do we do !!!

I can go on and on with possible accidents ..... how do you expect to remedy them all ?

You cant , cuz one set of regulations will somehow exagerate another accident .

We have the odd filp , while unfortunatly it happens , we have to except this for fear of becoming wrapped up in cotton wool .

The drivers want more power , the teams want more power , they should know , shouldnt they .

We go to watch racing at our own risk , so lets except it .

We have seen that this fin mod supposedly works , in some cases ..... ask Ant Davidson did it work !!!

End result , you cant remedy the physics of an accident , cuz thats what it is , an accident ..... so how can you plan for something you dont know as each accident is differant .

Oh , I might add , If I get hit by debris from a motorsport accident , I have to except that too , or dont go .