View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3100201)   #1734
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
That was 63 years ago , safety has come a long way since then as we see .

Motorsport is and always will be dangerous , end of .

I dont mean to sound uncaring or crass but ..... accidents are a fact of life , thats why we have speed limits on public roads and traffic lights . Racing is free , so lets not loose it as it is .

What happens when a wheel seperates from the chassis and enteres the crowds ?

What happens when a wing seperates and enteres the crowds ?

What happens when rear body work seperates and enteres the crowds ?

Will we bungy everything to the car or add tracks or what , what do we do !!!

I can go on and on with possible accidents ..... how do you expect to remedy them all ?

You cant , cuz one set of regulations will somehow exagerate another accident .

We have the odd filp , while unfortunatly it happens , we have to except this for fear of becoming wrapped up in cotton wool .

The drivers want more power , the teams want more power , they should know , shouldnt they .

We go to watch racing at our own risk , so lets except it .

We have seen that this fin mod supposedly works , in some cases ..... ask Ant Davidson did it work !!!

End result , you cant remedy the physics of an accident , cuz thats what it is , an accident ..... so how can you plan for something you dont know as each accident is differant .

Oh , I might add , If I get hit by debris from a motorsport accident , I have to except that too , or dont go .
Yes, it was 63 years ago, and safety has increased. But so has the speeds.

And i think you misunderstand me. I'm not craving regulation changes or more safety - Not at all. Personally i would love to see the Mulsanne chicanes gone, the "hill" at Hunaudiers back and mostly the BHF, BHH and the narrow rear wing all gone!
I as a huge motorsport fan knows and accepts the risks of going. I've been hit by loads of tire rubber and gravel as an marshall, so i also know that things fly off.

But that doesn't change the fact that many of the people going to motorsport doesn't understand these risks, and especially the family and friends of any one who suffer from these risks won't understand.

As fans of a very dynamic and changing sport, we must accept that safety has to change along with it. This is something that which won't come naturally, but has to be mandated. If you don't believe me, ask any top driver. (Referring to Michael Schumachers work for safety, and Stirling Moss among others)