View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1742863)   #39
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
I suspect Henri will in fact have a great deal to say.
At the risk of provoking the wrath of Malcolm Cracknell, I am copying and pasting this article from Daily Sportscar without his permission. I'm incensed!

Quote:
Henri Is Furious
In today’s (October 20) Ouest-France, Henri Pescarolo has provided this reaction to Thursday’s announcement of the 2007 ACO regulations. He’s bitterly unhappy that the diesel-powered cars have only been penalised with a 10% smaller fuel tank.

"The president of the ACO, in front of witnesses, made me the promise, after the last 24 Hours, that this equivalence would be re-examined. What has happened is scandalous. They take me for an imbecile. And I will publish in the next few days an open letter with technical evidence as support. For three or four years they have used me to provide a rival to Audi and now that a second manufacturer arrives with a diesel engine, they regard me as a spoilsport. Inadmissible!"

While other entrants ‘sit on the fence’, for fear of losing an entry for 2007, Henri Pescarolo has come out and said exactly what he thinks – just as he did in June, over the pit exit problem.
I have a great deal more that I want to say on this subject myself, but am unable to do so at the moment.