View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1750541)   #173
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As most of you know I am a big GT fan and whilst I dont like the LMP's as much I still think they also have their place at the big race. Getting rid of GT cars would just be plain wrong in my mind, sure they arent as fast as some of the LMP's but thats mainly down to the rules rather than the cars ability. Give them 16 inch wide tyres like the LMP1's use and a slightly bigger restrictor and the differnce between the 2 classes would be minimal.

Part of what makes sportscar racing special to me as has already been mentioned is its diversety, what other form of motorsport is there that has 4 classes of cars racing at the same time on the same track? None that I know of. It is fun watching the differnt classes of cars trip each other up as they battle for class postition. Yes normally it is the LMP's going past the GT cars but how often have we seen in recent years GT1 cars overtaking LMP2 class cars on the mulsanne and indeed outpacing them at Le Mans?

Things are good as they are at the moment, manufacturers are coming back into sportscar racing and the manufacturers that are already here look like they are staying. As they saying goes, if it aint broke, dont fix it.