View Single Post
Old 1 May 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2453863)   #37
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Spa is a fantastic track to visit - and the lovely bit about an LMS race is the level to which you can, within reason, go where you like.

It might be stating the obvious but seeing the gradient at Eau Rouge is something that will stay with you for a long time, the run up to Les Combes also gives you a great vista over the countryside and a nice bit of hillside to sit on and see sportscars at full chat.

When I was last there there was no local RLM but there's half way decent periodic English PA around the start-finish complex. You could also investigate getting a local SIM and streaming it presuming you've got a 3G phone - most of the staff in the Mobistar or Proximus stores speak perfect English and might well be able to sort you out with something.

Annoyingly, I'm going to be in Belgium part of next week and all of the following week, so by rights should be able to go, but the gods of scheduling really do appear to be conspiring against me - hence I'm most envious.

Enjoy it, Spa's one of those life affirming tracks that make the world a profoundly better place.