View Single Post
Old 1 May 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2453896)   #39
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82 View Post
Find it very difficult to look past Peugeot for the win by the way, would love one of the petrols to do it (especially Aston, natch!) but can't see any way they can beat all that diesel torque on those long climbs, reg. changes or not.
Think you've got it on the nail there. My wife, who these days knows about as much about sportscars as I do, cut to the heart of it in 2007; when looking at the Les Combes run and the ability of the 908s to leave everything else standing her response was "that's just not fair".

That said, I'm a firm believer in Peugeot's ability to chuck it away, and while I'll be waving a Pescarolo flag while you wave your Aston one my heart really wants to say that a well run petrol squad could keep the Peugeots honest.