View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2013, 18:45 (Ref:3345111)   #29
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Strong list Beetle. No complaints with any of that. A few of the driver line-ups will shake themselves out before Silverstone and hopefully soon we can add some more teams.
I'm trying to avoid compulsive posting and entry speculation on this one, unlike the 2013 Le Mans thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I've been wondering about Larbre also. Hope they return with the Corvette so we can have some American muscle in
the GT classes. Not hopeful of seeing a viper though.
Probably not much of a chance of seeing a Viper -- they did mention expanding internationally, but only with the SRT Viper GT3, not the GTS-R. I think we'll have to wait until the GTE/GT3 merger is put in place to see a Viper in the WEC, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
WHAAAAAAAT?

Allan McNish retires from racing

Audi Sport did tweet about "some important news to come", never in a million years would I have expected this.

EDIT: It's big enough news to warrant its own thread I suspect. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140294
That's massive news... really sad, he was a world-class addition to the WEC. I'll miss his presence in racing greatly.

On the bright side, I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
REQUESTS:
- Prospeed Competition drivers should be the same drivers fom last year.
- Super GT driver Naoki Yamamoto should partner with Makowiecki, and the third driver might be Dumas, Pilet or any other driver.
- Any Japansese driver should be confirmed for the second Strakka Racing number.
- Kobayashi should stay in the WEC.
For anything GTE, it can't be Dumas... he's signed full time with the Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1. Unless he pulls a Scott Tucker and drives two cars over the course of one race... not sure what the rules about that are. Nevertheless, I'm sure they can find an adequate replacement for a 3rd driver.

Sorry, I won't accept those "requests", unless you can provide some direct sources. Otherwise, it's just educated guessing. I agree, though - I think we should see a few Japanese drivers with Strakka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Neither Porsche or Audi line-ups are.
No, they aren't -- the only reason I put them on the OP was because all of the drivers were confirmed. Plus it was on Wikipedia... THANKS A LOT FstrthnU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Sad for you, but let's hope Allan always enjoys his life. Is the Porsche P1 line up confirmed?
And I think Audi #3 di Grassi, Marc Gene and Jarvis is pretty much confirmed as is the case this year?
Not for full-season... perhaps for Spa and Le Mans but not for the other six. The only way I can see it happening is if the tests don't go well and they feel disadvantaged for 2014.