View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3636971)   #40
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
I like all 3 brands that are currently in LMP1. Probably my favourite car maker is BMW and that's a marque that I'll likely support regardless of the series and time.

I was never a particular fan of Audi before following sportscar racing but they have been my favourite team because they are very fan friendly, unlike Toyota(and to a lesser degree,Porsche), with all the access they give to us, fans. Audi Sport has been providing live onboard stream since 2011 and they are the ones that usually tests on more public places like Sebring and Monza, and they launch their cars much earlier than their rivals and, thus, give us more to talk in the off season, for example.

I also like that Audi is less conservative with their design, again unlike their rivals. Their livery was hideous in the last few season and they massively improved for this year. The car has a very ugly nose and windshield but I like very much the rest.

Porsche and Toyota have somewhat nice looking cars and I like them too but I can't support them due to their reclusive and more secretive nature.
IIRC, Toyota gave a tour to some tenthers either last year or the year before. All these factory teams are secretive for a reason. I don't know if you follow these guys on twitter, but they give out plenty of behind the scenes stuff for the fans. Both Porsche and Toyota.