View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3637245)   #42
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's kind of a mix of all of them in a general way, but also none of them. There are things I like about each of them, but not one of them really does anything for my "heart" or whatever you want to call it. If they win, lose, dominate or break down, I just can't really bring myself to care much, so the only thing I care about is the quality of the racing.

I tend to relate to brands more by their road cars though, so my interest/feelings for the road cars is the major influence on my feelings towards the teams in racing.

Audi has been easy to sort of generally "like" or at least be okay with as they have usually been fairly "classy" and I've liked most of their drivers well enough. Usually their drivers were enough to have me somewhat on their side a few years ago.

Porsche is a company I have huge respect for and value a lot as a competitor, but I've just never really been in their corner and probably never will be. For the team, I liked the physical looks of their cars so far, and I generally like their driver lineup okay, but working against them is their terrible livery. I did like the way they used the different colors last year though, that was enough for them to earn my support for that race, which probably shows how little I care in general when something so minor tips the scales.

Other than the FR-Z86 and a few Lexus models, Toyota hasn't built a road car I've given a damn about in a decade now (and that's being very generous to the Celica), so they aren't normally a brand I've liked at all. They do seem to be the underdogs a bit though so that definitely earns them some points, and when they had the V8 they at least sounded okay so they had been the ones I was pulling for the most, even if it was a narrow lead.

Rebellion I was more of a fan of a few years ago. The more dead the P1... whatever privateer class is called now gets and the further behind the factory P1 cars they get, the less I can bring myself to be invested. Also their liveries have gone down hill a bit, but I still like them and want to see them do well.

Kolles... I respect his effort even if they don't always turn out the best.

On the upside of being a picky grouch it is kinda nice not really caring who wins or loses, it allows me to just enjoy the races. On the downside though, not caring about any of the entrants does dampen my enthusiasm for the class in general, and often I find myself just watching the first hour of the race and the final half hour because I'm just not invested enough.