View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2007, 13:21 (Ref:2070827)   #27
ian beckett
Racer

ian beckett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next part!!I have tried to give you all the entries I have in my notes for Kevin Wong.The first entry I have is for'88 where he was 9th at Macau in a white car with green lettering and backing from Autohaus.This car had its two fuel fillers in the boot(trunk) lid not where they are usually found where the number plate would go! He may have bought a car from a team who ran two cars in the '87 race,(Hartge/RSI) who had raced them three times in Europe but there is some confusion as to whether that was the case.As alredy stated he then bought your car,chassis 126 in October '89 and raced it for the first time at Macau in that year,coming 10th the car still in its Schnitzer colours.Other results from Macau are:1990 7th,white with blue/green diagonal stripes and red lettering,backing from Mandarin Duck;1992 6th white with black/red stripes and panels;1993 6th still white plus red/black detailing; You may like to look at www.hlj.com which is an English language Japanese based model company.Fill BMW M3 into the search box and thenscroll down to the Autotech M3,this will show you the only pure yellow car I know of that raced in the Far East,then click on Passenger M3 kits and go to the one called Sogo Keibi,this is the car which Wong drove at some Macau race as well as in a few Japanese events(more details to follow).I have recently bought this model and it is awful,being simply a road car with a basic rollcage added plus the decals.It has the wrong wheels and no other racing trim.I have had to buy the Studio 27 trans-kit which is designed to fit it to get a correct model! End of part two! Ian