View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2024, 15:25 (Ref:4203167)   #961
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
To be honest at the time I presumed Alonso was being smart, braking a little early and more than he perhaps needed to, to harvest some additional battery power to use later in the lap and to help counter any slipstream, DRS benefit, or performance advantage George might have had opportunity to use. Brake early at a point where he couldnt be passed, be able to power out of the corner earlier plus benefit later in the lap with more battery power at his disposal.

Having said that I didnt hear any mention post incident of the fact Alonso had / might have braked early for those harvesting reasons.
that was my first thought as well...Alonso being tactical in some fashion.

an assertion that seems to be supported by the data the stewards have provided in their explanation.