View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4203189)   #962
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
that was my first thought as well...Alonso being tactical in some fashion.

an assertion that seems to be supported by the data the stewards have provided in their explanation.
If the thought is that the stewards report supports some type of "harvesting" operation... the problem with that idea is that is contrary to what Alonso is said to have said to the steward. And I don't think the stewards alude to anything like that in their comments.

Quotes from the stewards decision...
Quote:
Alonso explained to the stewards that he intended to approach turn 6 differently, lifting earlier, and with less speed into the corner, to get a better exit.
Quote:
Alonso explained that while his plan was to slow earlier, he got it slightly wrong and had to take extra steps to get back up to speed.
Nowhere is any mention about extra harvesting on the corner entry so as to have ERS power for later. If that was the case he would have more than likely lifted vs. braked. I think you can harvest directly when power is applied as well, but in general my opinion is that what he actually did doesn't match well with what you might do to try to harvest for battery charging.

Richard