View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2024, 19:35 (Ref:4203193)   #963
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If anyone is curious to read the stewards decision, you can find it here...

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...%20driving.pdf

Small correction to my comment earlier. Alonso was doing all types of things on entry to that corner, he was lifting, dabbing the brakes, downshifted two gears to 5th and then very quickly back to to 6th, lifting again, then back on it. As even Alonso says whatever he was trying didn't work as it seemed to me a bit spastic if you look at the data traces (posted somewhere online).

I like Alonso. Frankly I like him as a driver much more than George. And I also hope all of the Lewis to Ferrari drama results in Alonso getting a better car. Maybe even replacing Lewis at Mercedes. But even as an Alonso fan, I think whatever was going on in that corner was not his best look. Either he was playing games with George in an attempt to slow George and was caught, or he was doing a particularly ungraceful attempt at something different.

Richard