View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2023, 10:02 (Ref:4165092)   #2440
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don’t think we’re gonna see domination.
The regs are designed to prevent that but it'll be the usual suspects at the front anyhow. The best drivers are in the best cars so you'd expect that group to be ahead of the rest but one driver won't run away with it.

Quote:
The BMWs should go well at Croft, especially Morgan.
Croft has typically been a good rwd circuit - interested to know why you think Morgan will be the pick of the bunch? He's not looked as quick as Turkington or Hill so far this year.

Quote:
I expect to see Toyota up there quite a few times.
The Toyota has looked ok but they seem to lack consistency - not sure if that's down to the car or the drivers? Gamble is of course lacking in fwd experience but I'm not sure Butcher has got the most out of the car so far this season and Collard appears erratic.

Quote:
The Vauxhalls are going strongly, especially ATS.
I think the Vauxhalls are going better than anyone expected, pre-season it was being viewed as pretty much end of life so the results they've got out of it are impressive.

Quote:
There could be a few in contention for the title and the final round should be fun. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a wet final
You'd expect the title to still be up for grabs at the final meeting - when was the last time it was wrapped up before then? The usual suspects will be in the hunt you'd have thought - Sutton, Cammish, Turkington, Hill and Ingram. Potentially some interesting intra team battles there - teammates taking points off each other could lead to the title heading to another team.