View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2906540)   #53
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
To most of us, we'll NEVER see what consequences there are to Audi writing off those two cars, so to most of us, there effectively weren't any repercussions beyond the race itself. (What we don't perceive ourselves we don't perceive as being real.)

And yes, people DO take risks just because they think they can. If consequences to an action have been insufficient, or non-existent, in the past, then one becomes complacent. Even if this does not become the case for many, every single one of us becomes less vigilent as safety increases, and therefore risks, mistakes, and accidents increase due to normal negligence.

As for Imola, yeah, I'd put my money on Peugeot at this stage.

And just for reference, it's been 27 years since Le Mans sportscars last ran at Imola: WSC in 1984. I just hope the WEC can get back to Monza here in the next few seasons.