View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3758024)   #252
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Unless they change their regs, the ACO won't accept anything short of a 6 hour race. I'd rather see at least 1-2 longer races, like say 12 hours or 1000 miles/1500km.

And for these cars, anymore, 6 hours isn't an endurance race, it's a sprint race for these cars pretty much. But that's just my opinion. Not to mention as been mentioned, if you have a standard race length, everyone's strategy is pretty much standardized.

Also, IMO, if you want to do shorter races, have them be a double header. I can't see most teams traveling to do one 3-4 hour race. If anything, the flyaways should be longer or double header races to get everyone's money's worth.

Shorter races might work for regional series like IMSA or the LMS, but if you're going to ask teams to do flyaway races, either have those races be 8, 10, 12 hours long or 1500-2000km or 1000 miles. Or have two 4 hour races on the weekend.