View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4121672)   #117
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
After giving the Alonso/Piastri shennanigans considerable thought I reckon Webber and his mate Alonso have stitched up Alpine properly.
But what would be the benefit for Piastri?

He is an unknown quantity and Alpine have supported him all through his career and if Alonso were to leave he would have been guaranteed the seat in a supportive environment

It looks more like Alonso stiched uo everybody by not being honest(if rumours are to be believed) about his AM deal which left both Alpine in a tough situation and Piastri probably lost a sure fire seat because of this

If this turns out to be true I would wonder why do teams would like to sign Alonso when he turns out to be a liability and only looking after himself? Also this would be poor behaviour from a 2 times world champion in his 40s. I would expect more professionalism from him
Again these are all speculations and I am sure we will find out the truth quite soon