View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2003, 22:05 (Ref:643162)   #1
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Manchester Evening News: "Drive ban threat for hay fever sufferers"

The story:

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/ne...ory=61435.html

And the comments I posted on their website (that I'm sure they won't publish!):

Quote:
Quiet day for news in Manchester was it?

Another fine example of crass reporting. You headline with the threat of a ban or jail but then don't elaborate. Presumably it wouldn't be quite so sensational if you said, "If you take hayfever tablets that make you so drowsy that you cause a fatal accident and are found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving then you may face jail."

It's common sense. If you are tired or feel unwell, don't drive because your judgement and reactions will be impaired. OK, I know most people out there have to be TOLD these things, but come on - front page news???