View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2015, 05:44 (Ref:3495045)   #50
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20b View Post
What would be the point in investing hundreds of thousands of dollars only to be told by the CEO 'we're shutting up shop'. It'll never happen.

I wouldn't say either series is too expensive to race in. If you're even considering racing in either series you've already got to have some decent money in the family as it is. So why get involved in the Tier One series' if you've not got the coin?

Neither series is beyond the point of recovery, it's retaining the fans interest that is the issue at the moment. Plenty of damage has been done already so it'll be years until you see anything like what we were used to about a decade ago.

From a spectators point of view, I think the TLX is a better car to watch. it looks and sounds fast and has attitude. The SuperTourer however has more of a drone to it, and lacks any real character. So there you've got two issues - a series which has a visually and audibly appealing car, but few of them, and another that has a quality car but is mundane to watch. That's my opinion at least.

SuperTourers are making a conscientious decision to get international interest in the series. Perhaps that is where they will grow a decent field for 2016 and onwards. As far as I'm concerned 2015 will be a year spent getting guys involved in the series from overseas, not domestically.
Sorry disagree, with Holden and Ford closing shop it's going to get better?