View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2020, 01:55 (Ref:3970197)   #115
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They didn't have any of the above in 1974.
People mistakenly relate rules from a period of time with cars from that era. If the 1974 rules didn't exclude those ideas, then if you used them today, teams would absolutely exploit them to the maximum. Cars were the best they could make "then", not the best the rules allowed.

How much power could they extract from unlimited turbo cars? 1500 hp, 2000 hp? Was their limits on engine usage? Qualifying engines? Engines that last one race? Active suspension, traction control, driver aids like never imagined, the list goes on. Would we use safety standards from that era? Could independent teams afford to design all of that?

Richard