Old 19 Sep 2006, 01:32 (Ref:1713344)   #14
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Number
And what "few rebel" tracks are you insinuating?

If you are talking about the tracks that run AASA events, then I assume you are also talking about all the tracks that are on the AMRS calendar which are:
Phillip Island, Eastern Creek, Mallala have also ran AASA sanctioned events I believe, so keep up with the bus old son, or you may be left behind.
If you are going to make a quote please keep it in context. The Quote was:
"And lets be honest, with the exception of a few rebel tracks trying to make some pointless statement, tracks book the most profitable events as a priority, the fact is the biggest events are the ones that are more profitable."
Followed up by a question that was never answered:
"If the V8s decided to run in SA on July 14-15 are you telling me that you would still run at AIR..."

But if you want to bring up the "pointless statement" I am happy, not that it will get anywhere
At some venues track hire for some one to run CAMS is more than to run under AASA. Other times event are refused if they want to run CAMS instead of AASA, despite it being illegal to do so. (try looking up "Third line forcing", I will point you in the right direction - its in the Trade Practices Act)
Choosing to run an event with about 100 competitors instead of running one with 200, that is pointless. It generates less revenue for the event operators (even down to the catering, or the value of selling the support services), it also hurts the wider community, that is pointless.
I personally don't give a toss if someone runs an event under CAMS or AASA, provided they can provide an identical level of protection to the spectators, officials and competitors.
Anyway
The point remains, with 40 "racing weekends" and more than 50 Cams Championship stauts events clashes are inevitable.
Self congratulation for getting a calendar out after the V8 calendar is hardly any achievement. A smoothly running Series of national events with 300 competitors, priced reasonably and offering value for both competitors and spectators alike, THAT would be an achievement.
(And nobody is even close to getting there)