View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2004, 01:45 (Ref:946225)   #37
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Tim is making a good point here and very relevant to the ability of the series to attract sponsorship. If we care about the health of the Sport and the health of this Series (and I DO) then I would like to know if I am watching what is in effect, a sort of infomercial.

I believe, based on what Pook announced last year for this season (and seeing nothing that would lead me to believe that sponsors feel the series is more attractive now) was that there would be a TV package that was purchased by CART. In effect they were purchasing the time. The Network would sell advertising which I presume would defray the cost of the technical support of each broadcast (cameras, announcers, etc).

Muzza, I believe explains things quite clearly here as well and again this scenario bears directly on what the relative health of the patient is right now.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.