View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1083090)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, got the video ('cause I'm on it running up the hill with my fire bottle). I suspect 'more careful' is not a choice you're able to make when a link in your suspension fails in the middle of a fast corner with no run off. Fortunately the banking has been improved since then, and is better at containing a car within the track, and more free of obstructions if it receives a more determined assault. In the end though, there's only so much you can do to make a hill climb safe, and luck plays quite a part as young master Fleetwood proved with his escape from an incident that had many similarities to Graham's (high speed roll over, landing on a bank covered in undergrowth and finishing in much the same sort of position). He was also aided by the superior safety of the more modern cars, and Steve Owen should be congratulated on such a well-built chassis which appears to have done exactly what it is supposed to do.