View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2022, 14:52 (Ref:4134626)   #578
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Who’s taking sides? I’m not taking sides! That is a simplistic view of a discussion
Ok, let's leave it at that.

Quote:
It is a dynamic environment. These drivers are on the limit. The options of what you can do to the steering, brakes and throttle (etc.) is limited. That does not mean they are out of control! If this was on the road I would agree, but it is in the race track.

If someone puts their car in a place it isn’t always possible to leave room.

I do think that the art of racing isn’t just about how to overtake, but also how to be overtaken. And more racing room can be given.

But there are many many situations where this is not possible. They race on the limit.

And all I said was just being alongside is not a good indicator of anything. You can easily get alongside.
Indeed, but can you get alongside in a manner that leaves the other room as well? Also alongside does not mean you have passed. It merely means you managed to get next to the other car. The next straight or sequence of corners decides who eventually will get ahead enough to claim the position. Sounds like excellent racing to me.

Anyway, let's take the approach then that you describe two or three situations where you think the rule as proposed (Any car must leave another car room on track in any part of the corner if the other cars wheels are still in front of it's back wheels) would put drivers in an impossible position and I'll give my view on how both drivers should have handle it and how the stewards could've judged that situation based on that rule.

I'm not talking about three into two situations where a driver indeed can run out of options to leave room. However that can be accounted for in the rules.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.