View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2006, 06:47 (Ref:1712120)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
I'm not certain that this changes my thesis any, that these cars may be great at many places, but just aren't really Le Mans packages.
Brett, you are completely missing the point in all of this. You need to look at the bigger picture instead of leafing through the reference books to find justification for your 'thesis'. I haven't checked (my memories crap and I can't be bothered) but I think you'll find Courage's record at Le Mans has been little better in recent times. Courage is a manufacturer, just like Zytek and Creation (and don't hit me with a KWM technicality), yet he knows that he can go ahead and build two cars in the sure knowledge that he will have the ability to attract sponsors/funding because he has two places guaranteed at Le Mans if he asks for them. Zytek and Creation don't have that assurance therefore their risk is massively increased.

Anyway, back to the bigger picture. This is not just about Le Mans. It's not just about the LMS either. It's about the fragility of 'our' sport, the lack of money, the lack of teams in LMP1 leading up to 2010, and the blind reluctance of the ACO to step in and help teams who have given their series fantastic support and the fans great entertainment for the last three years. Creation and Zytek deserve better from the ACO!