View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1535467)   #78
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
Are the 720/750 bhp comments really about the new Diesels?

I was thinking that he may have been refering to the slightly larger restrictor that a Petrol/Diesel powered LMP1 Coupe would now get to compensate for Air-con?
It was on another forum that I read it but for the life of me I can't remember which thread (it wasn't an obvious one plus I can't be bothered to look for it!), but yes, definitely 750bhp was the figure suggested for the Audi diesel engine. The point being made was highlighting just how far behind the Pescarolo's could be on outright bhp this year let alone torque, even with the updated and lighter Judd engine.

But I would reiterate that unless Audi release a statement confirming this figure (which of course they won't in the forseeable future) there is absolutely no reason to treat it as anything more than speculative.......