View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2023, 12:49 (Ref:4181096)   #13
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know that I've said this before, and I apologise for being a stuck record, but the way to deal with track limits and similar infringements is to introduce penalties that are so severe that drivers won't want to risk getting one. Possibly, as Trapeze Artist suggested above, a drive through for a second occasion after a warning on the first infringement, and possibly a timed stop and go for further lapses.

And this should be automatic and not subject to discretion unless, of course, the driver did so to avoid a collision. I am quite certain that after the first driver had such a penalty it would have the effect of stopping any other driver doing the same. If a driver does this right at the end of the race, say the penultimate or last lap, then the penalty would automatically be time added to their finishing time plus the time that would have been taken to complete the drive through or stop and go, whichever was applicable.

No ifs or buts.