View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2109570)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My thoughts exactly.

Whilst one series is on the very verge of death and another is relatively stable (whilst still NOT being particularly strong) it is best for the weaker to slide away. This would give the strongest possible chance for the stronger to succeed on its own (a slim chance), hopefully hoovering up the best parts of the dead series on its way.

As it stands now, it would be beneficial if Champcar went away. It is clear it is not going to recover now and is, quite frankly, getting a bit embarrassing. I hate reading about people laughing at this once great (greatest by far actually) racing series as it staggers from one unmitigated disaster to another with less than the bare minimum of good news and developments.

It is a pity and I only wish I could turn back the clock to better days.