View Single Post
Old 2 May 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3818973)   #59
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Pick-up Trucks and (unfortunately) suvs have outsold all other vehicles for the last 10 to 15 years here in the U.S.. Pick-ups are EXTREMELY useful, suvs are not. suvs are basically "soccer mom" vehicles, like the station wagon use to be. They clog up the roads and create more of a hassle than anything else, IMO. From what I am hearing, the reason that Ford and the rest are dropping sedans and going to these things is because of the RIDICOUS "café" standards! Those are NOTHING, but enviorWACKO rules, designed to KILL the American auto industry! TOTAL CRAP! Smaller, lighter, less well constructed vehicles, made of cheaper materials that are required to get ABSURD mpg standards! The results, these are DEATH TRAPS on the U.S. highways! The Fusion would not catch on as a racing vehicle, for stock car racing! It is not and cannot be converted into a stock car. BTW, WHAT is a NASCAR? I have not ever seen one of those? I know that NASCAR is a sanctioning body for automobile racing. I see the term, "a NASCAR" from time to time, used by individuals that are anti-NASCAR, but I have yet to ever see or to understand what "a NASCAR" is?
We get it, you think NASCAR is the greatest thing ever but guess what your knowledge of cars, safety, construction and pretty much everything else related to cars is utter tripe and WRONG. Ford can't sell the other cars here, sorry the SUVs you want to hate are cars they're the same chassis, because no one wanted them. They are not stopping production, just sales in the US. But hey why let that stop you from thinking they're lightened, so not even close, weaker, again utter bs, and death traps, sorry way way way off. No cars have been built before that are safer than are currently built. And if they really worried about CAFE numbers then they would drop the inefficient SUVs in favor of the better fuel economy cars.

And well the SUVs are marketed at the suburban people so why wouldn't they be soccer mom cars? Is this just you feel slighted because you're out of touch and have no clue about the real world? Your rantings are getting old and only serve to make those of us who enjoy stock cars, mostly road courses but some ovals work, to decide if it's being associated with you or hating stock cars well I'll move along to SUV soccer mom racing