View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3414258)   #998
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
gents:

no idea where to ask this, so this'll do. up until last year i had no dealings with the esteemed constables of the local cop shop, but in 12 months i've been nabbed twice...

i have here a notification from my hire car company dated 15th of may saying i did something naughty on the 2nd april and les flics want to shake me firmly by the wallet. it's now 2nd june, 2 clear months after the alleged offense (which i did do, i was half asleep at the time but i definitely did it).

do they have to get in touch with the registered driver of the car within a certain amount of time?
I'm not sure that they have to serve it within a particular time, but if they prosecuted you for the speeding offence, the information (or more likely now a written requisition) would need to be laid (or issued) within 6 months of the offence. The notice would presumably have been sent to the hire company as the registered keeper. They have to respond by identifying the driver to the police - hence the notice to you. They should then reply to the police and you should get a similar notice from the police asking for information to identify the driver. Responding to the 's.172' notice is important as failing to do so is in itself an offence - more serious and carrying a heavier penalty in fine and penalty points than the simple speeding.....

You must drive a little slower bella......