View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3414273)   #1000
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the irony is that generally i can't afford to do anything over 110kmh anyway, except this one time at 5.30am when i needed to hustle a bit to get to the airport (and last night, to catch the 2200 ferry. but that was in a british car...)

i'll google and see if i can find out how much i'm going to get stung for. strangely i have zero points on my uk licence and haven't been done in more than a decade. this makes 6 on my shadow french one...

thanks for the info. i'm still kind of hoping they see a british address and give up, but getting my wallet out just in case
Think yesterday was a bit of mini channel dash for the French police. I'm pretty sure we got flashed just outside Calais (but again, UK reg car) and purely by good observation managed to spot a patrol car SW of Boulogne in time to back off to something sensible, but it was not a leisurely transit, and while we didn't see vast numbers of other Brits liberally using afterburner, anecdote floating around the web suggests there may have been quite a few of us.