View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2016, 11:53 (Ref:3610862)   #771
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And with a lot more cleared following the fires last year it has not been a good year for trees at the track.

Thinking about it, so much of the mystique or atmosphere or whatever of this circuit (in my eyes) comes from the long blasts through the trees between Tertre Rouge and Porsche Curves, and particularly from Mulsanne to Arnage. This is the reminder that you are looking at a public road, and a throwback to the days when all racing was like this. It's not a street track, it's not a road course, it's a road.

And while it is frustrating that so much of these sections of track are out of bounds, in a way I think that adds to the romance of the place. A driver and a car, speeding alone through the trees in the middle of the night. Magic.

You've got me all emotional, G4J. I think I need a lie down.
I concur.

The trees at Indianapolis/Arnage also had the benefit of offering much-needed shade in the morning.