View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4116049)   #1013
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes, I'm looking for a step too. You appear to have gained access to the gap in the fence exiting the Ford chicane. There is a spot at the top of the hill from the first corner on the outside where you can shoot through a cut out in the top of the gate. Trouble is getting access is difficult, there were loads of people waithing when I got there on Sunday.

Frankly, I was knackered and carrying blisters on my feet so I didn't look too hard for locations, this time.
Patience is definitely required. The Dunlop chicane spot in front of the grandstand was fenced off on Sunday morning for no good reason that I could see, so the angle wasn't anywhere nearly as as good as Saturday evening (when the light was good, too).
Ford Chicane - I persuaded the "jacket orange" to let me stand just the other side of the grandstand fence - there's always a bunch of people who set up their chairs there which is no good if you can't get close to the fence.
I'll be doing a pistonclick.com report on Le Mans to update the 2019 report - https://www.pistonclick.com/2019-le-mans-24-hours and highlight some of the spots for photography.