View Single Post
Old 2 May 2000, 07:38 (Ref:5204)   #1
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm back from my little trip under the channel to Le Mans for the practice day (Sunday 30th), the weather was fantastic.

Unfortunately it wasn't a good day for the Brits, both the Harrier and Ascari teams have been 'not invited to race'. The Harrier looked very poorly and didn't complete a full race speed lap as far as I could see. The Ascari was going well in the morning session but half way through the afternoon session the car ground to a halt in the pit entry road and had to be taken away on a flatbed truck.

The 3 Audi cars were a lot quicker than everyone else (there was no official timing so all we had to go on was our own stopwatch and the tannoy announced the times provided by the teams themselves).

The Cadillacs and 'Vettes made a glorious noise (and so did the Safety cars which this year are some mean looking Caddy Sevilles).

In the GT2 class the Vipers and 'Vettes were pretty even on times, but the Vipers have strength in numbers.

The LMP2/LM675 class cars were running laps just slightly quicker than the GT2 cars.

Nothing much has changed at the circuit, the crumbling old stands are still there despite rumours they are to be bulldozed this year. I was surprised at the size of the crowd, several of the grandstands were full and there were plenty of people milling about.