View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2022, 07:02 (Ref:4131161)   #166
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
General entry viewing is inside the track (first Porsche curve/right hander) next to Beasejour campsite (motorhome section part). Access via track by allotments (starts 50m east of bridge under track on D92). Toilets there plus a beer and food outlet on top of banking for main race. Usually check tickets at start of track. No real parking there and would need Beasejour camping to get in from main site entrance anyway.

Not too far from Karting entry/exit and lot easier/safer than from main road (Bd des Italiens)- especially as access from gate by big wheel closed off now except for corporate vehicles.

Access from main Beasejour camping areas is now a pain as farmer closed a route across the track for both motors and pedestrians afew years ago - so a half mile detour south and back up through wooded section of Beasejour site.

Pretty sure Porsche banking opposite (outside of track side) is all part of Travel Destinations private camp site there. North of D92 (second part of Porcshe curves) all closed off for public access I believe.
For me, the spectator bank on the inside of track (accessed via Beausejour campsite?) is a new spectator bank, even if it's been there for a few years now. The Porsche Curves spectator bank, to me, is the bank on the outside of the circuit adjacent to TD campsite. Am I right in thinking this bank is now exclusive to TD? I haven't stood there since the early 2000's, and Ayse and I were unable to work out where we could park in order to spend some time there a few years back, but the map suggested there was a car park on the other side of the roundabout where you turn left to get to that enclosure. In the end it felt like too much hassle with potential for wasting a lot of race time trying to work it all out, with the potential to not gain access at all, so we gave up on the idea. I was actually given a parking pass for the TD enclosure one year, but never used it. I'd like to view from there again, but I remain totally confused as to what parking and viewing is available now at the entry to the Porsche Curves for EG ticketholders.

Can anyone educate me on this, please?