View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2014, 12:50 (Ref:3488409)   #1278
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd also agree with Sarrazin, and Davidson would be a close second of mine too. I feel that it would do both of them a great disservice if they retired without a Le Mans to their name.

To look at it from a different angle, I'm also looking out for who from the next generation or sports car greats is going to get their first Le Mans win chalked off. Apart from the Lotterer/Treluyer/Fassler crew, there's not really any obvious candidates to be the next McNish or Kristensen, although that reflects how competitive it is these days rather than a lack of talent.

For this category I'm looking at drivers under 30. Sebastien Buemi, Brendon Hartley, Rene Rast, Michael Bonanomi - not saying they'll get to Kristensen's level but time is really on their side to become big names in this part of the sport and the sooner they get their first Le Mans win, the better. I'd be happy to see any of them take it so I can say "I was there when it all started". Nissan will undoubtedly introduce a couple of names to that list.