View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2007, 14:05 (Ref:2068061)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
However I do think the positive comments about going to LMS from Dr Ullrich and Alan McNish etc were probably aimed at the Audi board's ears and not just ours. After all it is not the racing departments decision it is the board and marketing peoples.
Well they have to be pretty bloody stupid to ignore it. Such a successful (and already legendary) car and team on their hands, do they know how much they can play that to their advantage, pretty much anywhere?

They can easily push things forwards by competing in the LMS. An example is the noise. Miserable spoilsport residents all over Europe hate lots of loud car sounds, and there is still a general perception with some people that diesels are noisy and lousy. Not nearly as much as there used to be, but the perception still exists. It's still surprising people just how quiet the R10 is.

Now, personally, I really hate quiet racing cars and the R10 is butt ugly in my opinion too, but then again we're already aware of the car on this forum so it's not us they are particularly trying to impress (although their impeccable record is definitely admirable). Those they are trying to impress will have different viewpoints that are much more open to influence.