View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2023, 15:27 (Ref:4187415)   #16
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
1. Red Bull win over half the races and Max Verstappen is world champion with multiple races remaining.
Yes, well over half.

2. Mercedes finish second in the championship with Lewis Hamilton comfortably beating George Russell.
I think this is correct as well

3. Ferrari will decline and win no more than two races.
Correct again

4. Lando Norris will dominate teammate Oscar Piastri but still won't win a race.
Some might say 'dominate' is a bit much but I think Norris was well ahead of Piastri so will take this as another correct answer

5. No more than two podiums will come from outside the top three teams.
Thankfully not, Aston Martin and McLaren definitely outperformed by expectations

6. Yuki Tsunoda will have a strong season and beat Nyck de Vries.
Yes

7. Nico Hulkenberg will beat Kevin Magnussen.
Yes

8. Andretti and any other new teams will be blocked from entering for reasons of greed.
We still don't know about this one.

9. Liberty Media will introduce at least one new rule change aimed at improving the show but which is terrible.
I don't think they did

10. The sprint races continue to be like those of the last two seasons but one of them will be very exciting and so the whole project will be deemed a great success and more will be added to the calendar for 2024.
Wow, I was in a bad mood when writing these! But I think this one is probably right as they aren't going anywhere, although sprints seem more at risk than they did a year ago, perhaps thanks to Max Verstappen

Reading back through these, it looks like I am predicting literally the worst season in Formula 1 history (sorry ), but based on my record of past seasons hopefully that means this will not happen!
Unfortunately, this year I actually did quite well! I make that 7/9 with the Andretti one still undecided.

And my brave prediction is that the FIA will sever its ties with Formula 1 before the end of the season.
The tensions here seem to have died down about but haven't gone away. But obviously this prediction was wrong
I did better than I wanted to this year.