View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2023, 14:35 (Ref:4187542)   #23
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me...

1. Max as repeat WDC Yes, but not a stretch prediction.
2. RBR, Ferrari, Mercedes in that order in WCC No, but almost
3. Ferrari will improve over last year (fewer obvious errors), but RBR is a well oiled machine and dominant. Maybe for Ferrari? Yes for RBR
4. Mercedes will struggle to get past RBR and Ferrari. The minimal sidepod solution will prove to not be the right solution and they will rework significantly with a B-spec car mid season. Mercedes minimal sidepod was failure. They barely made it past Ferrari.
5. George will outscore Lewis again. Nope. Rough year for George
6. Fernando will win a race No (sadly)
7. Magnussen and Hulkenberg will end up with an on track conflict with each other resulting in return of Haas driver drama. No
8. Sargeant will get on pace quickly and while Albon will out score him over the season, Sargeant will sometimes beat Albon. No. Big miss for me.
9. Yuki will not settle down and will continue to be hot and cold letting de Vries outscore him even if Yuki shows quicker overall pace. No. Yuki has the speed, but still working on consistency. But another big miss for me.
10. McLaren will finish lower in the WCC than they did in 2022 No. Late season resurgence and they moved up one position over 2022. Glad to be wrong on this.

Out there predictions

11. Lewis will announce retirement No
12. This will be Yuki's last year in F1 (hope this is wrong). No
13. Andretti will buy AT (probably quite premature for a 2023 prediction, but oh well) No

Overall, pretty poor predictions.

Richard