Thread: Track Limits
View Single Post
Old 25 May 2023, 13:09 (Ref:4157908)   #23
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
All I can say is

AT LAST

I was first privy to Eduardo Freitas' Drivers Briefing at Porto, where, he sttated about the white line being a concrete wall... "if you cross it... I will think you have hit the wall.... I will flag your car.... I will pull you in... I will check the car for damage.... this may take time"

Now, finally, its being brought into the driving standards rules

" The principle of track limits is best visualised when one thinks of a street circuit, with hard barriers immediately adjacent to that white line around the track. Suffice to say no driver at such a circuit intentionally goes beyond the white line as they know the consequences would be one of significant damage to the vehicle, with the resulting costs and failure to continue in the race. That same core concept must be borne in mind
when you go to the open sweeps of Silverstone or Donington Park."

AGREED 10000% and I say that as a RACER as well as a CLERK .as a dear friend and international Clerk of the Course and Steward always used to say ".that accelerator works both ways you know!"

(John Smith will be having a ciggie outside race control "up there" and be saying "at least... ")