View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3715067)   #73
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought I'd give the closing stages of the race a go and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Aside from having a lot fewer cars out there thanks to earlier incidents (although a few more than I expected to be out there to be fair).

Most of the last 15 laps involved everyone waiting for an opportunity. That mentality, possibly made worse because of the need to stay in line because of the aero needed, made for really dull viewing. Then rather than a dramatic finish we get the leaders running out of fuel, leaving one guy clear.

That need to stay in line just to hold your position is what has, in my opinion, led to the contrived stage race format. Rather than have everyone ride along in line for a few hours before the finish, let's create two additional fake-finishes so everyone has to put some effort in. Probably far easier to do that than alter the cars or the tracks to promote multiple line racing.

I hadn't got round to cancelling my Premier Sports subscription but yesterday reminded me I have to do it. I'm not paying £10+ per month to watch that.